Pages

Monday 19 December 2016

Day 1

Activity 1:
The country I chose was Germany. The reason why I chose Germany was because Germany was once East Prussia and West Prussia before it became Germany.

Activity 2:
The name for Germany in German is Deutschland
There are around 300 varieties of bread
In World War II, a German sub was sunk by a broken toilet.

Dear Nana,
I wanted to let you know that I am really excited because I am going to go to Germany. I will be flying in to Frankfurt on Wednesday the 21st of December and I will be in Germany for one month.
You know how I have been enjoying watching Victoria? The reason why I have chosen Germany is because I can go to Coburg and see some of the places Prince Albert grew up in. Perhaps you can meet me for the last week there.
Love Robin

2 comments:

Tsana Plessius said...

Hi Robin,

I would be keen to find out more information about the broken toilet that caused a sub to sink! I hope you are able to expand on that at some point.

Well done for an interesting start to your activities,
Love Mama

Dan Abricossow said...

Kia ora Robin,

What an interesting start to your summer blogging! Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey, it's great to have you along for the experience.

My name is Dan, and I'm working alongside Rachel and Mark over the summer. I'm lucky enough to be able to read your blogs and I'll be leaving comments as I go. If you want to reply to my comments then please do! I'd love to know what you think, or if you have any questions, feel free to ask away.

Germany is certainly an interesting country to visit. They have played such a major role throughout European history, and their culture is developed from their rich, vibrant history.

I thought your facts about Germany were really intriguing. I agree with Tsana, I would love to hear more about the German sub that was sunk by a broken toilet?? Do you know what the name of the submarine was?

Great effort on the bonus activity Robin. I'm pleased you managed to write a letter to your Nana, and hopefully she can accept your invitation! Well done linking what you've seen in Victoria to places in Germany. England and Germany have a long history together, I have no doubt you would learn so much during your trip there.

Excellent start to your blogs Robin, keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to following your progress through the Summer Learning Journey.

Cheers,
Dan.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.